The following checklist is designed to help you optimize your website for maximum SEO results. Some optimizations are site-wide while others apply to individual pages.
SEO Optimizations for Entire Website:
- Your site is secured with an SSL certificate.
- Your site looks good on mobile phones.
- Images are compressed.
- Browser caching is implemented.
- HTML is minified.
- Unnecessary plugins and scripts have been removed
SEO Optimizations for Individual Pages:
- Your primary keyword is included in:
- Page title
- The first 100 words
- A subheading
- Naturally throughout the body
- Your page title is compelling.
- Your page description is compelling and contains your primary keyword.
- Your page URL is short and contains your primary keyword.
- Your introduction is short and to the point.
- Your content is formatted so that it’s easy to read.
- Relevant videos are embedded in your content.
- You linked to relevant internal pages.
- Your content is up to date.
- Your content is accurate.
- Your content thoroughly covers the subject.
- You implemented structured data where appropriate.
- You optimized for voice search:
- FAQ pages
- Featured snippet
- Natural and simple writing
For a more in-depth look at SEO check out my blog post on the top SEO tips and tricks.